IntelliPad Product Development in 2021 - 2022
Releases 22.214.171.124, 126.96.36.199
This release includes two new graphical presentations of data: Contact Communications Discovery — statistics on communications with contacts, and CRM Implementation Discovery — statistics on CRM utilization by attorneys compared to firm averages. Both are visible in the web interface as well as ContactLink. New features have been added to the Outlook Marketing page, Contact Changes Review, Events, Email Mail Tasks, and Export Management. All 188.8.131.52 patches are included. A new IntelliPlus module is available which is not included is the base IntelliPad software. IntelliPlus logs emails sent and received for all or selected user Outlook folders, and captures meetings from the Outlook calendar. The resulting statistics are visible in both the web interface and ContactLink as part of the new enhancement for graphical Communications Discovery. The optional IntelliPlus Module provides email tracking, calendar monitoring, and email signature scraping. It scans the texts of emails received for potential new and changed contact information (referred to as “signature scraping”) and submits such contacts for import, review and acceptance. It also logs as much email history as the firm may desire which can be searched by keyword or email address. Additional details about this optional module can be seen with the following PDF: IntelliPlus Module Summary
Enhancements in Outlook
- Express Entry for Activity LogThis convenience feature allows users to enter activities that have already been completed for today’s date or any prior date. No recurrences are created.
- No searches on check of Marketing Database boxWhen the Marketing Database box is checked for an existing contact, there can be no automatic name and company searches, and no prompt to search. This can be for all users, or by user.
- Company Name Change prompt windowThe wording of the choices was changed to clarify the intent: Move just the one contact to the new company name, or rename/fix the spelling of the company name, to affect all contacts linked to it.
- Link details shown for Marketing Events and Mailing ListsEach firm can decide which link detail fields to show in both Outlook and ContactLink; there are default settings with event level overrides. For example: Only show the Categories and Override Salutation. Custom link fields are not shown unless selected by Event or Mailing List.
Enhancements in ContactLink
- Communications feature This new menu selection provides bar and pie graph presentations of statistics on all contacts Invited, Attended, Mailings, and Activities. Selection criteria include current or last year periods, with additional filters such as Job Title, Category, and Company City or State. Drilldowns from the graph display include totals by contact, and detail mail tasks, and activity log entries, by contact.
- Show Charts linksContact and Company Detail windows include “Show Charts” links, which open the new Communications feature.
- CRM Implementation Discovery in ViewsThe Graph Stats part of the Views page has been changed to provide bar and pie graph presentations of the Firm Average and User totals of Outlook contacts, Shared contacts, linked to Events and Mailing Lists, and Follow Up (Business Development Activities).
- Link details shown for Marketing Events and Mailing ListsAs described for Outlook above.
Enhancements in the web interface
- Communications featureThis new menu selection (Events) provides bar and pie graph presentations of statistics on contacts Invited, Attended, Mailings, and Activities. Selection criteria include current or last year periods, with additional filters such as Job Title, Category, and Company City or State. Drilldowns from the graph display include totals by contact, and detail mail tasks, and activity log entries, by contact. (It is the same as in ContactLink.)
- CRM Implementation Discovery logThe new log displays bar and pie graphs of the totals of Outlook contacts, Shared contacts, links to Events and Mailing Lists, and Follow Up (Activities). Selections are by time period, and by Average Firm, User, or both. The goal is to show trends by comparing attorneys to firm averages within selected time period.
- Contact Changes Review
- Review record flags with color-coding The data steward can set flags for review records as applicable. The types are Manual Required, High Priority, Researching, Awaiting Response, and Other. Flagged records cannot be chosen for automatic processing.
- Link contacts to Events, Mailing Lists The Outlook Marketing Page can optionally be made available, enabling the data steward to link new (or existing) contacts to Events and Mailing Lists prior to acceptance, e.g. when new contacts came from Outlook, or were imported, without any links.
- Detail page: New message about the number of matches, with limited display in the New Contact dropdown; Email Addresses moved up to the Name section, right below Salutation
- Link detail fields in Site Settings, with overrides and custom fields by EventThe link detail fields to be shown for Events and Mailing Lists, in both Outlook and ContactLink, are chosen in new Site Settings; overrides by Event are available. Custom link fields to show are now selected ONLY by individual Event or Mailing List.
- Allow All Mail Types for EventThis Event level setting means that all linked contacts will be included in all mail tasks, of all types, for the Event, regardless of their personal mail type settings. No link level mail type overrides are required.
- Email Mail Tasks
- New option for Duplicate Email Addresses: Unique Addresses Only. When there are multiple persons with the same email address, the program will select just the one with the lowest PersonID (i.e. oldest).
- The new content editor has a simplified toolbar, but provides all the same features as the prior editor; it can be used with all browsers including IE.
- Export Management optionsThe updated screen includes Options such as Submitter, Status, Contains, and Sort.